These protein filled banana pancakes have been a go to weekend recipe! Quick & easy, filling & tasty and I almost have all the ingredients on hand. This recipes makes about 6 medium pancakes (enough for 2 people) if making for more, double it! Packed full of protein and a filling way to start the day.
What you need:
- 1 cup of steel cut oats (can use any oats)
- 1/3 of a cup of ground almonds
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ of a cup of ground flaxseed (optional)
- ¼ of a cup of chia seeds (optional)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
For the topping:
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of shaved coconut
- walnut pieces
- pure maple syrup
1. Start by placing the oats into a food processor or high speed blender until they are smooth.
2. Add in the bananas, the the remaining ingredients (except the toppings)– blend until a smooth mixture forms. At this point, the mix should be thick, not too runny.
3. Use a non stick pan and being dropping your pancake mix onto the pan with a spatula until all your mix is gone.
4. Cover your healthy stacks with grass fed butter, blueberries, coconut and walnuts.