Looking for a no bake raw vegan cake that is perfect for summer? Try these coconut lime cupcakes-cold and refreshing! I keep these in the freezer and pull them out when I want a healthy treat. I have been loving coconut lately and these have lots of coconut- coconut cream, coconut oil and coconut shavings.
There are so many health benefits of coconut oil- its packed with healthy saturated fat (yes thats a thing, its different from cheese & steak sat fats) Populations that eat coconuts are among the healthiest people on the planet! Im sure you know all the healthy stats by now but for me its because coconut is delicious!
For the crust: *I use my classic crust recipe*
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chia seeds
1/4 cup pistachios
For the topping:
1/4 cup coconut shavings
1 tsp of lime rind
1. Process the almonds, Mejool dates, pistachios in your food processor.
2. Add the chia seeds and cinnamon.
3. Press into the bottom of cupcake molds (use liners).
1. Blend cashews, add coconut oil, coconut cream, lime juice in a food processor. Taste and ensure its delicious, if not add agave or honey.
2. Place cheesecake on top of crust and top with lime rind and coconut shavings.
Top with lime rind and coconut shavings.
Enjoy & Happy Summertime!